As I have written about on several occasions, my firm, Grossman Marketing Group, put together our 100 Tips for Marketing Success this year to mark our 100th anniversary. 21 of the 100 tips involve sustainability, and were broken into four categories: 1) General Sustainability, 2) Green Promotional Products, 3) Green Design, 4) Green Printing. I am pleased to share the green printing tips below:
Let your colleagues, customers, donors and other constituents know that you are fully committed to environmental stewardship by using some of the following best practices in green printing.
- Encourage your constituents to either share or recycle the printed piece. Sustainability is more than the materials you use—it also involves the lifecycle of your item.
- Consider using chlorine-free paper. The best papers to use are bleached using an oxygen-based process, thus avoiding the creation of chlorine-related pollution.
- Use vegetable-based inks when possible. Not only are they generally refined in the United States, but they also reduce our use of petroleum, the majority of which comes from foreign sources.
- Consider papers with a high degree of post-consumer content, as they require fewer resources (energy, water, etc.) to produce.
- When using eco-friendly papers, make sure to explain the environmental benefits derived from these choices. These calculations should come from a third-party source rather than a calculation from an industry source. For a great example, please see www.papercalculator.org.
- Use renewable energy (like wind or solar power) in the production process. It is good for the environment and resonates well with the vast majority of Americans.
- You can make your collateral more environmentally-friendly without sacrificing quality or adding cost! For example, our house sheet of coated stock is 55% recycled with 30% post-consumer waste, and will not cost your organization any more than the non-recycled alternative!
I hope you have enjoyed reading these suggestions. To download the full set of 100 tips, please click here. Many thanks for your interest!
we must use techniques of Eco Friendly Printing, Printing Green not only saves precious resources, but also saves time, which in the end saves money and also use the Soy Based Ink and Vegetable based inks that incorporated little or no VOC’s and attained certifications with the Forest Stewardship Council to ensure the paper they utilized adhered to the strictest standards of sustainability. It is very help full to produce beautiful products for valued customers in the most Environmentally Friendly Printing way possible digital and offset printing sf, Outdoor Banner Printing so according to it your post is very informative and beneficial for every Eco Friendly Green Printing business owners.